April 10, Humber River, ON
- Gardening is for the birds! Join us at the Kortright Centre for Conservation on Wednesday from 7-8:30pm for a presentation focused on attracting birds and other wildlife to your own backyard!
April 19, St. John River, NB
- Explore Hyla Park Nature Preserve at the fourth annual Full Moon Snowshoe Series. Be sure to bundle up and bring a flashlight to this event, which runs from 6-7:30pm!
April 22-May 30, Saskatchewan and South Saskatchewan Rivers (Nominated), SK
- Calling all Meewasin Volunteers! Help us clean up our riverbanks, parks and city streets beginning Earth Day, April 22. Last year, a whopping 30,000 Saskatonians donated time and effort towards this annual event. Let’s aim even higher!
April 24-28, St. John River, NB
- The Flourish Musical Festival will once again transform venues and local business in downtown Fredericton to showcase music, art and more!
April 27, Humber River, ON
- Help us get ready for another beautiful spring and summer along the Humber River! Join us from 10am-1pm for the annual spring clean-up at Humber Bay Park. The event will take place rain or shine, so bring appropriate clothes!
April 27-28, Grand River, ON
- Join us on Saturday, April 27 at one of our Grand River watershed greenspaces to plant trees! Events will be held at Guelph Lake, at a special site in Brant County and in Brant Park.
April 28, Thames River, ON
- At 12pm, the Longwoods Road Conservation Area is hosting a Native Plants Workshop, beginning with a presentation on local flora, followed by a guided spring hike along beautiful nature trails.
April 28 & June 22, Detroit River, ON
- April is Earth Month! Join the Essex Region Conservation Authority and the Detroit River Canadian Cleanup from 10am – Noon to help plant more than 2,000 native trees and shrubs in the City of Windsor!
- A follow up event will take place in June, where volunteers will be collecting data from a sample of the trees planted in April to see how they’re doing!
May 4, Humber River, ON
- Learn how to identify Ontario spring wildflowers at one of our walking and learning sessions, from 9am to 12pm. Each session will be led by an expert, who will help you spot local flora.
May 4, Canadian Canoe Museum, Peterborough, ON
- Get ready to “Channel your Flannel” at the Canadian Canoe Museum – enjoy campfire-inspired cuisine and peruse the galleries of the museum, all while listening to live music from the Dixie Hicks. You’ll also be able to participate in a live auction featuring paddles painted by local artisans and Canadian celebrities!
May 5, Thames River, ON
- Come out and experience some magical Ontario birding! Join the guided tour and see a live falconry demonstration, followed by a light lunch and a short walk. Start time is 10am!
May 11-12, St. John River, NB
- On your marks, get set, go! The 41st Annual Fredericton Marathon kicks off on May 11th with a Youth Fun Run along a flat, scenic river route.
May 11, Humber River, ON
- Spend the morning dedicated to enhancing the local environment of the Claireville Conservation Area! Activities include tree and shrub planting, citizen science activities and more!
May 12, Grand River, ON
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with Mother Nature! Spend the day hiking past Rockwood Park’s spectacular limestone cliffs, glacial potholes and caves.