Winter Activities 2018-2019
Nov. 1, 2018 to May 4, 2019, St. John River, NB
- Fundy Seafood City Tour – every Thursday, Friday and Saturday, by Discover Saint John
- Please refer to the website for times and details for a specific date
- Explore local fresh food markets, share facts about the history of Saint John and the amazing marine life.
Nov. 3, Grand River, ON
- Navigation Challenge at Shade’s Mills Park – 1:30 – 3:00 pm, by Grand River Conservation Authority
- Learn to use a GPS unit’s route, trip computer and tracking functions to complete a 3km course.
Nov. 16, Grand River, ON
- PD Day Camps at APP’s Mill Nature Centre (Fall 2018) – Animal Signs – 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, by Grand River Conservation Authority
- Be a wildlife explorer! Look for signs that animals have left in the forest, play games in nature, and enjoy food cooked over a campfire.
Nov. 17, Detroit River, ON
- Super Santa Run – 5:00 – 7:00 pm, by Essex Region Conservation
- Dress up as Santa and walk or run 5km to earn fantastic prizes and enjoy the Amherstburg River Lights Festival afterwards.
Nov.22, Humber River, ON
- Astronomy Night – 7:00 – 9:00 pm, by Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
- Learn about history, mythology and the mysterious night sky.
Nov.23, North Saskatchewan River, AB
- Free Admission – All day by Parks Canada
- Explore nature scenes with no admission cost!
Nov.23, Shelburne River, NS
- Moonlight Hikes – 7:00 – 9:00 pm, by Nova Scotia Provincial Parks
- Hike by the light of a full moon for an astronomical experience to remember.
Nov.25, Thames River, ON
- Season’s Greetings at Longwoods – 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm, by Lower Thames Conservation
- Take a horse ride, design your own Greeting Cards, create wildlife treats, and enjoy a walk in nature!
Dec.16, Humber River, ON
- Naturally Mindful: Forest Therapy Walk – 1:00 – 3:30 pm, by Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
- Learn to switch off the busy mode and recover from stress with the forest being the therapist.
Dec.31, St. John River, NB
- New Year’s Eve Celebration and Fireworks – 5:00 pm – 1:00 am, by Discover Saint John
- Enjoy the final hours of 2018 with your family as you ring in 2019. Fantastic food available nearby!