Winter Activities 2019
Jan.27 to Feb.4, St. John River, NB
- Grab your snow gear and enjoy the many winter events offered at the 11th Annual Fundy Winterfest, presented by Discover St. John
Feb.3, Rideau Canal and Ottawa River, Ottawa, ON
- 41st Winterlude celebration has begun in Canada’s capital!
- Join us for indoor and outdoor activities such as skating, music performances, ice sculpting competitions and more! #Winterlude
Feb.3, Ottawa River, ON
- “Building on River” at Neat Coffee Shop in Burnstown, ON
- Learn about eccentric lumber king J.R. Booth and life on the Ottawa river through poetry and music
- “Building on River”
Feb.7, Rideau Waterway, ON
- Join us for this unique winter clean-up! Thursday, February 7th, 2019 from 12:30pm – 3:30pm
- Skate along the Rideau Canal, picking up litter and the blue bristles that fall from the ice sweepers. All are welcome, and there is a prize for the most blue bristles collected! Show your love for the river all year long!
Feb.9, Humber River, ON
- Snowshoes and Snow-Clues (at Cold Creek) – 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, by Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
- Discover the wonders of winter wildlife! Identify tracks and signs of local animals. Try out snowshoeing and leave behind tracks of your own!
Feb.17, Red River, Winnipeg, MB
- Join us for the Manitoba Ice Dragon Boat Festival from 11am-4pm, where Teams of 10-12 will compete to “paddle” across the frozen finish line!
- http://- https://www.travelmanitoba.com/event/the-dream-factory-manitoba-ice-dragon-boat-festival/58841/
Feb.18, Thames River, ON
- Family Day Snowshoe – 12:00 — 4:00 pm, by Lower Thames Conservation
- Enjoy an afternoon full of outdoor fun by trying out snowshoeing with your family!
Feb.19, Shelburne River, NS
- Moonlight Hikes – 7:00 – 9:00 pm, by Nova Scotia Provincial Parks
- Hike by the light of a full moon for an astronomical experience to remember.
Feb.28, Cowichan River, Duncan, BC
- Join us at 7pm for the next Speakers Series session from the Cowichan Watershed Board as they address “Endangered Species Legislation and Southern Resident Killer Whales”